Blogger Widgets

Saturday 20 June 2015

Day 76 #The100DayProject

#100daysofPeggy

Peggy and the Phantom.  

If unlike me you have been pre-prepared or looking for something free to do in London make sure you go to Leicester Square for West End Live. More info here

 Phantom of the Opera is my all-time favourite musical. I have seen it in London about 12 times including some segments in the wings! I'll never forget seeing the rooftop love duet 'All I ask of you' from the stage manager's desk and singing in the 'Il Muto' backstage chorus. 

The stage show is so perfect, eery, atmospheric, heart-wrendering and magical with the original Victorian stage mechanics- the show is timeless. The music is stunning and quite nostalgic as I was brought up listening to a Claire Moore (Sarah Bightman's understudy) 'phantom' cassette tape. 

I'd like to add the movie is atrocious. The singing is awful, the additions are w*nk and I refuse to this day pay money or see Love Never Dies/Paint Never Dries.

Go and see the stage show of the Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre and you'll see why I love it so much!

~

#100daysofhappys
 Danced the night away Social Dancing and surprised to see a few young (ish) people there to!
Completely stacked it on the dance floor but heyho! we can blame the man for that one! 
Top Right- tried out a new hairstyle with a flower hairband and love it just need to refine the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.