Blogger Widgets

Friday 2 December 2016

Blogmas #2: Pokemon Party Costume| Eevee

Last month I was invited to a Pokemon themed birthday party and you know me, I can't do fancy dress half heartedly. Scrolling through the zillions of Pokemon characters I settled for Eevee. Here's how I made her costume. I'm a hoarder so everything apart from the long haired fur, antlers and dye were already in my stash. 


I started with the dress. I had an H&M Basics jersey dress in a pale pink colour which I threw into the washing machine with some Toffee Brown Dylon Dye and ran it for a cycle on 40 degrees. The colour was spot on. I wore brown leggings with the dress because I am not blessed with lovely tanned blotch-free legs and...





Now for the ears: I wanted something with structure to adapt and found the perfect armature: (technical prop making word) a reindeer antler headband from Claire's Accessories! (when did that shop get so deer- haha sorry bad pun- but seriously, when?!) I then took off the Poinsettia embellishments and unravelled the copper ribbon which was too bulky. I covered over the antlers with felt either side and stuck over a boarder of felt to neaten the edges. You could also add some dark felt or paint for the shadowed areas on the ears too. 



Now for the piece de resistance- the fabulous fur collar! I am unlikely to go to a red carpet event where I would wear a fur jacket so instead of buy one, I made one! 

Using a slapdash method I arranged white fleecing over the tailors mannequin, drew and cut a neck hole with tailor's chalk/air dry pen and sewed up the neck for a better fit. I used scrap pieces to bulk out the form and initially covered this in white faux fur. I used hot glue and some hand-stitching (tacking) so I could easily remove it all off if need be (and I can recycle the fur for another project). This would have sufficed but I wanted more oomph.


I used long-haired faux fur in 'Toffee Cream' which I attached onto the fur lining. Using a scrap piece of the fur I made a tube-like shape and attached this to hang to the front to create that front panel piece on Eevee's collar.



Next up, the tail. I used ginger faux fur with a long pile and drew out a xmas stocking shape, cutting it out on the fold. I sewed up the edge with a simple blanket stitch leaving the end open for attaching it to my bum with safety pins. I padded the tail out using newspaper and plastic bags (thrifty!) and attached a cone shape of the long-haired faux fur to the top using hot gun.





And to complete the look, Eevee inspired makeup!

I used this creation to enhance my eye makeup. Products used:

Base
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer -->
The Body Shop All-In-One Instablur Primer -->
No.7 Beautiful Skin BB Cream -->
Soap and Glory's One Heck of a Blot -->

Eyes
Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover Shadow primer clear -->
Tanya Burr Unstoppable palette -->
Bourjois Smoky Eyes Trio in Mordore Chic -->
Essence 001 Eyeshadow -->
L'Oreal Paris Super Liner Ultra Precision Black -->
Miss Sporty Studio Lash The Miaoww Mascara Black -->

Cheeks
Benefit Dallas Bronzer and Blusher -->
Tanya Burr Unstoppable palette: Champagne Shimmer -->

Lips
The Body Shop Matte Lip Liquid in Windsor Rose -->







Ohhhh- YES!!!! 


Pokemon Ball drawing credit

Check out more of Blogmas post series HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.