Blogger Widgets

Saturday 6 January 2018

Hello 2018



There's something exciting about starting a new year on a Monday: starting afresh, rejuvenating life, claiming back the enthusiasm for work and life after a boozy and lazy couple of weeks or days over Christmas.

There is no point setting resolutions that will be supposedly followed each day of the year so here are my hopes and habits to implement in the new year ahead.


1. My hunt for a regular dance partner is still on. Not so much for swing dancing as you regularly change partners; it's basically a more intimate session of speed dating but most people are already attached *plays tiny violin*. I have a lovely group of... swingers? haha no dancers to go out social dancing with now *result!* but a tall, young ballroom and latin dance partner with a sense of humour is still on my list of priorities to find!

This year I want to do more: Collegiate Shag too. No it's not what springs to mind first, it's a old style swing dance from the 20s and 30s.




2. I want to establish a healthier lifestyle rather than just treating myself constantly with processed rubbish. I'm not going to punish myself by ritualising exercise and cutting out sugar, I want it to be more of a subtle attitude change. I'm booked in to see a Nutritional Therapist and I've been keeping a detailed food and symptom diary. The first small steps to a better digestive system!






3. More blog posts, more hand written notes and letters and to keep in touch more with people. Now I work for myself I don't have people around me constantly. I do prefer this for the moment but it does mean I could easily get cut off from the outside world. I want to continue documenting life and to keep friendships going as much as I can.


What are your new year's resolutions? Please comment below! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.